Thursday, 27 June 2013

roller coaster week


Our week in a nutshell...  its been ROUGH!  

Monday – find out it’s a boy!

Tuesday- got to the airport all was well

Got on flight to Germany and all went well

Got off flight in Chicago- plane landed late – Bailey exploded a diaper resulting in a trashed stroller and a trashed pair of pants- security threw a fit about passports and chapstick in pockets and water in a sippy cup- mommy melted down- ran to catch next (eddie barefoot/ me sobbing the whole way) –flight was delayed- thankfully-

Got off the flight in Dallas- hotel was NOT listed at any courtesy phone area and no # available on the reservation form- called a different hotel (from courtesy phone)  to get the # for the hotel we needed-  no American change for pay phones and no working American cell- slight wifi connection to use magic jack app to make a VERY choppy call that was frustrating on both ends- wait 30 minutes for the shuttle-

Got to hotel-  even though I booked a double queen room we were given a single king room- made pallets for girls and passed out at 2 am- gave the girls a bath in the morning and the bath tub leaked through the wall…  YES through the wall-

Eddie left to get rental car- shuttle to the airport and another shuttle to the rental car place- after arriving he was informed that he could NOT get the car since it was in my name and since we “could be estranged” he could be stealing something from me- (good thought in theory, but in this particular situation it was not so awesome) – so 2 hours later eddie comes back to the room carless- mommy melts down-

Got the rental car and all goes well-

Got to walmart and meet an amazingly helpful and wonderful woman named Dee- got a phone and all was well-

Got to Eddies parents home and all was well-

Got to Elishas house – Eddie and I get sick much be something we ate along the way.  Thankfully Ash was ok but B has been exploding diapers since Chicago. 

Woke up saw the clock, thought my sister in law was late for an apt (clock said 9:05 and the apt was at 8:30)  so I woke her up only to find out it was only 6:30 in the morning- saw tech results the second they came out and frantically woke eddie up from a deep sleep- after the shock wore off he was pumped- got a phone call from usaa stating that someone tried to use our credit card 9 times to make a $1800 purchase from a random coffee company-  (who needs that much coffee EVER?!?!)  

This week has been amazing and frustrating.  it has been VERY UP and VERY DOWN.  All in all, I am thankful, for so much.  Thankful that we made it to Texas in 1 piece, thankful that we are having a baby boy! and thankful for our sweet little ladies who really are amazing travelers!  Thankful that My hubby made Tech! Thankful that USAA doesn't sleep on the job, and they don't hold us accountable for crooks. Thankful that our sickness didn't last long, and that we are all mended up this morning.  I am thankful that we have family soooo  excited to see us and the girls.  This will be an awesome trip.  looking forward to the rest of it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment