Monday 6 May 2013

Our "rainbow baby"


 Today I am thankful for prayer, Gods healing hand and Gods faithfulness! Today I am 12 weeks pregnant. 


I have had 2 miscarriages, and after the last one, we prayed that God would bless us with another child. HE DID!!! at my first ultrasound (6 weeks) the Dr saw a hematoma in with baby. (basically a blood clot) he had me scheduled for every other week ultrasounds to monitor the growth both of baby and the Hematoma. a lot of prayer has gone up for this pregnancy, and today I had my Fourth ultrasound... I am praising God because not only has he allowed me to carry the baby this long, but he has shrunk the Hematoma!!!! 

i am so very thankful!!! 
BLESSED♥

Thank you For all of your prayers, we are so very blessed to have so many amazing friends!!  

Today I was introduced to a term that I was not familiar with, So I will share it with you now.  

"Rainbow Baby"
A "rainbow baby" is a baby that is born following a miscarriage or still birth.


In the real world, a beautiful and bright rainbow follows a storm and gives hope of things getting better. The rainbow is more appreciated having just experienced the storm in comparison.

The storm (pregnancy loss) has already happened and nothing can change that experience. Storm-clouds might still be overhead as the family continue to cope with the loss, but something colorful and bright has emerged from the darkness and misery.

God uses every single situation that we find ourselves in for good.  There will always be an upswing, you just have to have faith!  

2 comments:

  1. You're blessed, Amber! Thank God for your blessing! Take care always and kisses to the girls for us! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God continue to bless you, your family and your Rainbow Baby! You are such a bright ray of sunshine in so many peoples' lives mine especially, keep giving your testimonies, they are inspiring and healing and very appreciated :D

    ReplyDelete